It’s so important to look after your Dental Appliances. Watch this video as Dr Ali Khan goes through how to take care of your dental appliances.
Proper denture care is important for both the health of your dentures and your mouth.
- Acrylic dentures: steep in water or Steradent overnight
- Do not soak in bleach
- Use a simple toothbrush with water to remove debris and do not use toothpaste: too abrasive
- Cobalt chrome dentures: steep in water or Steradent overnight
- Do not soak in bleach: oxidises the metal
- Use a simple toothbrush with water to remove debris
2) Crown & Bridgework
- Ensure area around these appliances stays plaque free
- Can use Superfloss to clean under pontic of bridge as you do not want to loosen appliance
- Ensure however not to lever up on the appliance when using or removing floss, simply use a gentle withdrawal motion out the side to remove floss
As a general rule keep your mouth clean and plaque free to maximise longevity of dental appliances and optimise your oral health.
To book a consultation please call us on (091) 563 792.